Ready to take your career to the next level? Come join our exceptional team at Stratton & Bratt Landscapes! We’re looking for full-time, year-round landscaping field supervisors to manage our work crews.
We build and maintain beautiful landscapes in commercial and high-end residential projects including major parks and LDS temples. Check out some of our past projects.
Minimum Qualifications & Educational Requirements
- 10-20 years commercial landscaping experience
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish
- Experience managing $1 million + jobs
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Fast learning
- Comfortable with Android or iPhone timekeeping and reporting applications
Purpose and Description
Position is responsible for managing all assigned field operations. Coordinates the procurement and scheduled use of resources, including labor, equipment and materials to ensure maximum use and completion of work within budget, safety guidelines and quality standards. Promotes the growth and development of field staff and assists them in carrying out their responsibilities as needed. Coordinates use of resources within other teams and lends support to operational activities for the entire Company.
- Manages and schedules labor, equipment and material to accomplish production schedules within established budgets. Maintains strict adherence to established schedules and budgets.
- Understand contract specifications and ensures they are met and maintains customers complete satisfaction.
- Provide most recent plans and/or documents to field staff at the beginning of the day and provide instruction to ensure Crew Chief and crew are prepared to complete the job.
- Ensures all work is completed in adherence to safety policies and guidelines. Conducts weekly safety training and safety inspections on job-sites.
- Investigates any accident or safety violation, prepares appropriate reports, takes action steps to correct and prevent future occurrences. Defines and implements solutions to reoccurring accidents or most common hazards.
- Maintains proper inventory of materials, equipment and other supplies are on hand to complete production activities.
- Order materials, equipment and supplies as needed within purchasing limits.
- Supervise employees, keeping attendance records, enforcing proper uniform and safety equipment use, and approving time cards.
- Overall human resource management of field staff within division. Includes training, coaching, mentoring and developing staff to reach potential and established goals for the individual and division.
- Conducts timely performance reviews of direct reports and take corrective actions when appropriate.
- Coordinate the use of labor, equipment, materials and other resources with other divisions as needed.
- Visit job sites on a regular basis, observing organization of work, identifying and resolving training issues, and taking necessary actions to ensure quality.
- Respond to client concerns ensuring proper handling to achieve excellent customer satisfaction.
- Maintain day-to-day working knowledge of all contracts in progress, including field completion status, billings to-date and progress payments.
- Maintains costs within all assigned budgets.
- Monitors job costs weekly and immediately reports to Project Manager any jobs deviating from budgets of time, schedule, cost or any other factor so appropriates adjustments can be made to maximize end result.
- Makes recommendation regarding qualifying or disqualifying warranty work. Coordinates completion of warranty work per contract and/or instructions on Division Manager.
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping and care of company assets in the field, vehicles, shop, field offices and customer work-sites.
- Stay aware of Best Practices. Develop and recommend improved work methods and standards.
Key Performance Metrics
- Revenue growth
- Employee retention
- Retention of contracts and customers
- Performance to budget
- Safety record
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to inspire top tier performance
- Ability to build effective work teams
- Self-starter and demonstrates initiative
- Results and action oriented
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills
- Ability to organize and multi-task activities
- Ability to delegate and follow-up
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Profit driven – seeks ways to cut costs and improve efficiency
- Effective problem-solving skills, ability to handle adversity
- Performs and demands excellent quality in work
- Service and teamwork oriented
- Customer centered and focused
- Focus on learning and self-development
- Technically competent and skilled